For the very first time, a trek to Chandra Tal lake in month of May 2015 to see it when it’s frozen ! It’s once in a lifetime opportunity made even more tantalising by the fact that we may be able to reach Samudri Tapu too. No one has ever done it before.
Itinerary of frozen trek:
- Day 1: 23 May 2015: Pickup from Shimla and nightstay at Kalpa.
- Day 2: 24 May 2015: Kalpa to Kaza.
- Day 3: 25 May 2015: Explore Kaza and reach Lohsar for night stay.
- Day 4: 26 May 2015: Reach near Kunzum Pass by vehicle and start trek to Chandratal Lake from there.
- Day 5: 27 May 2015: Stay and sightseeing in campsite near lake.
- Day 6: 28 May 2015: Day trek to Samudri Tapu. Night stat near lake.
- Day 7: 29 May 2015: Trek to Lohsar and drive to Kaza.
- Day 8: 30 May 2015: Drive to Kalpa.
- Day 9: 31 May 2015: Drop in Shimla.
- 3 daily meals, cooked in campsite, hotels and food joints on the way.
- Accommodation (on twin sharing) from day 1 to day 8 in hotels and campsites.
- Tents, mats and sleeping bags for camping.
- Transport by road on sharing basis.
- Cost of hotel and transport to reach and leave Shimla.
- Any other meal, snack or drink apart from what’s specified.
- Cost of medical needs or emergency included evacuation, if needed.
- Any other cost not mentioned in inclusions.
Cost: INR 38500 per traveller. Mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to get early bird discounts. (Limited)
Terms & Conditions:
- 100 % payment in advance atleast 7 weeks before departure. No refunds if the participants cancel it after 2nd April.
- Trek can be cancelled by organisers due to weather, logistics or any other reason. In that case, a full refund will be made.
- All travellers must bring back all the garbage back with them to preserve beauty of the place.