Chandertaal (Chandra Taal) Lake is one of the best places in India for a camping and trekking holiday. Mean of Chandra Taal is Moon Lake in Hindi and it’s situated in beautiful Spiti valley at an altitude of 4300 meters. It offers breath taking views for sight seeing and a challenging terrain for trekking. Although you can drive up to a distance of 1 km from lake, the nearby areas offer the perfect place for setting up campsites and to enjoy short or long treks.
Chandertal Lake is closed for tourists for almost 7 months in a year, but it’s still one of most sought after destinations for adventure tourism in India. Jamaica’s Travel Spiti organises various kinds of adventure tourism activities in this area.
Camping near Chandertaal Lake, Spiti
Over the last 10 years, we have made a name for ourselves by arranging fun and affordable camping holidays for tourists from all over the world. Our campsite is about 15 minutes walk from the lake and meets all ecological and environment guidelines laid down by the government an forest department. We are the only tour operator offering camping and treks to Samudri Taapoo, the origins of Chandra river which is the biggest river flowing through Spiti valley.
Facilities available at our Chandertal Lake camp site:
- Good quality, spacious and private tents.
- Hot water.
- Hot food, tea and drinks 24 hours a day.
- Parking space.
- Personalised, friendly and excellent service.
- Short walking distance from lake.
- Bonfires under open skies.
- Interaction and activity sessions with nomadic Gaddi shepherds and their animals.
- Trekking and hiking assistance.
- Luxury Tent with attached toilet. Cost per person for camping with breakfast & dinner : INR 1950.
- Normal tent. Cost per person for camping with breakfast & dinner : INR 1500.
- Cost per person for camping with breakfast in Samudri Taapoo : INR 6000.